Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Mom

Karen is flying to Bremerton on Saturday. Although she has had a tough time with her bursitis and other painful joints I think she has had a fairly good time. Walking is difficult for her as is sitting in the car for too long. Kind of limits what we can do. But we have managed two rounds of nine hole golf. She has also enjoyed a couple of shopping trips. We didn’t get much pool time due to the cold, windy weather. But that has all changed and the temperatures have risen each day. Supposed to be 81 today. We spent the day at the pool yesterday and will again today. Ian’s buddies left last Saturday for home. I guess they went back to winter in Kelowna. It just won’t quit.
We got an email the other day from Three Links informing us that mom, as well as having the flu, now has shingles. She is slowly losing the battle now. I am in constant contact with my brother Craig and sister in law Judy. Mom’s doctor went to see her yesterday morning and he said it is just a matter of time now. The poor little thing has been through so much over this last year in particular. I wish that I could be there with her but at this stage I don’t think she would know I was there.
So Karen leaves on Saturday and after that we will decide what to do. It’s looking like we might just start for home a little earlier than planned. We’ll see.

1 comment: