Wednesday, July 31, 2019

First day in Amsterdam

This is going to be short.  I just spent about forty minutes typing this blog.  Then I tried to add pictures........and the whole blinking thing disappeared!  Needless to say,  I’m not happy.
Anyway,  after a very long day at the airport yesterday, waiting in lineups with lots of rude , noisy people and flight delays, we arrived in Copenhagen only one and a half hours late.  Woke up this morning to rain which was welcome. Spent the day wandering around the city, which is lovely but very expensive.  Got tickets for the Hop On Hop Off bus.  The tickets are good for tomorrow as well so that’s good.  Tomorrow there is rain in the forecast again so we’ll probably spend some time on the bus again.  Also want to visit the Tycho Brahe museum. (No relation!). They have wonderful markets here with just about every kind of food you can imagine so that’s where we will go for breakfast.
On Friday morning we pick up our car and move to Trelleborg Sweden.  It’s only about an hour and a half drive so we should be there in plenty of time to settle in and grocery shop, etc.  We are staying in a small cottage there that is just a short distance from the sea.  Should be nice.




Did I mention that it’s expensive here?  Well last night when we got to our hotel it was late.  We didn’t get dinner but the good news was that this hotel has a twenty four hour bar.  So no dinner but we did get drinks.  Bad news was that we weren’t sure about the value of the krone.  So we had no cash........put the drinks on MasterCard .  Turns out Ian’s 3 beers (small). And my 2 wine (6oz.) cost $62.00 Canadian!  More good news.......I got a bottle of wine at the grocery store for about $7.00 Canadian!

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Howie here. Fantastic photos. I've attempted once to post a comment but I don't see it. I'm so techy Maybe Mackenzie could learn me. Wanted to say I as well as Kathy was concerned when I saw the picture of Ian looking at the oven. Happy to see you guys are having a good time. You deserve it. I'll follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog...horrible to lose a post and have to redo it!

    ReplyDelete