Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Brenda and Basil Bren

We’ve had a very busy week with Brenda and Basil si I have neglected the blog. Thought I had better update it before I forget.
The first night they arrived, which was Wednesday the 17th of January, we just popped down to the Last Drop for a pizza dinner. We had intentions of trying the Torres restaurant but got carried away (how unusual) and seeing as how we weren’t sure of where it was we opted for the Drop. Of course we started off with a late night, which included phone calls all over the world. Pretty slow day the next day. The following day Brenda and I went to Walmart for grocery shopping. (Very exciting) Brenda got her first ride in a Pulmonia.  We ate dinner in that night and the next. Then we gave the Bruha a second chance. Brenda seemed to like her dinner but Ian and I were disappointed again. The attraction with the Bruha is the location. It’s right on the beach and the sunsets are incredible. And for us it’s a fifteen minute walk or a three minute taxi ride. Oh, forgot to mention that on the Thursday night I took Brenda to bingo with Kathy and her friends down once more to the Last Drop. None of us won but it was a fun evening.
Brenda came with a list of eating places to try. The list was supplied by her friend Sue Dulik and it pretty much matched the ones we had been told about. So the other night we went to the Villa Italia and it was wonderful. We all really enjoyed our meals and once again the service and atmosphere was just great. There followed a couple of cloudy, windy cool days. So Brenda and I went off to the Liverpool Mall. It has a reputation for being very expensive but we managed to find some really good sales. Brenda got two bathing suits ( both under $35) and I got one. Then the hunt for shoes. Once again Brenda got two pairs and I got one. We both bought sweaters at H&M. And we needed them over the next couple of days.Brenda got two and I got one. I think I’m seeing a pattern here.
Anyway, last night Brenda and I took a taxi into Old Town to theMercado. Brenda wanted to purchase a couple of gifts.  And then we met up with Eric, Kathy, Ian and Basil for dinner at Topolo’s.  That place will be in my dreams for some time. It was just the best restaurant we’ve been to for a very long time. Ian thinks it may be the best meal he has ever had. He had one of their platters which included stuffed poblano peppers. Yum! I had fresh tuna as did Eric and Kathy. Delicious! Basil had salmon and Brenda had Tequila shrimp. We all came home full and happy. We came home in a pulmonia. The ride was exciting to say the least. Basil says someone else gets the front seat next time. Poor Bas......he thought it was his end. I must say I was happy to get my feet on the ground.
So today our sunshine is back. The weather report for the next week at least looks good. And that’s all we care about as B&B leave on Sunday and we leave on Wednesday the 31st. We have so far really enjoyed our visit to Mazatlan. B&B agree. They have had a good time as well. Well, off to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment