Friday, January 5, 2018

Settling in.

We’ve had three full days here now and are getting to know our way around a bit, although we haven’t ventured too far from home. Tuesday Eric and Kathy took us grocery shopping. It was a bit of an experience. It’s going to take a while to figure out what everything is and what brand to buy. Kathy was a big help . A big thing here is where to buy things like butter, cheese, bread and coffee. The Mexican brands are not so good. Ian and I are going in to shop for those items today. We are down to about a tablespoon of butter. I’m also out of wine and the small convenience stores near to us  only sell beer. YIKES!😱 On Wednesday I joined Kathy and friends for their weekly luncheon. They choose a different restaurant each week. This week was a place called Lucky Bees. It turns out that it stands for Lucky Bastards. At any rate it was a great place. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent. There were two tables of us. Twenty women and our waiter had all of our names memorized before lunch was served.
While we were enjoying our lunch Eric and Ian went to get my phone activated. After waiting in a long lineup they were informed that my phone was still locked. So I wonder what the guy from Bell was doing all that time I was on the phone with him. After an hour he assured me it was unlocked. Oh well, it’s unlocked now and all is good.
Yesterday(Thursday) was a quiet day for Ian and I. We walked the beach and then just sat on beach chairs and enjoyed a few Pacifico’s. In the evening I went to bingo with Kathy and the girl’s. It was a lot of fun and I even won a game. Kathy won two, one of which was the final blackout. Big money! Not as much fun as darts but still a nice way to spend a couple of hours.
So I’m off for my morning walk now. Ola.

No comments:

Post a Comment