Thursday, August 15, 2019

2nd Day in Dairsie/St. Andrews

I was up fairly early in the morning, had coffee and toast and then went over to Bid’s to join her for a walk up in the hills behind her house.  The view was just beautiful. It was sunny when I woke up but a bit cloudy and blustery by the time we went walking. The pictures are a bit dark as a result. After our walk I went home (that is Les’ house) and picked up Ian.  We went to the bus up on the main road and headed into St. Andrews to meet up with the three B’s and Les.  So we left the men in Molly Malone’s and the girls went shopping.  We started in Auchterlonies which is a golf shop just around the corner from the 18th green of the Old Course.  We all had fun but Brenda hit a home run! She found a couple of tops and a vest for herself and a couple of really nice shirts for Basil.  I found a nice vest for myself which hopefully will help me from not freezing in Orkney.  Bid has also contributed to that.  She has loaned me a couple of sweaters, long sleeved shirts and a fleece.  It’s good to have friends!  So then we met up with the boys at Molly Malone’s for a drink.  Great little bar on Market street . By the time we got home (Ian and I by bus........yikes they drive fast....... I thought I was in Mexico) it was time to get ready to go out for dinner.  We had the same taxi driver as the night before.  He was fantastic. We were his only customers for the night so he was right there when we needed him. We went to Little Italy for dinner which is right in the heart of St. Andrews.  Bid’s sister and boy friend joined us as well.  Really nice to meet them.  Apparently you need to make reservations months in advance for this restaurant.  I found that hard to believe but when we got there I could believe it.  The place is small but it was packed to the rafters.  And no sooner did people leave  than the table was filled again.  The food was fantastic and so was the wine.  Little did we know that our table was reserved again for 9:00.  Well we didn’t know that and so Brenda had just ordered another bottle of wine.  So while we drank our wine and had a great time the next party was standing out in the rain waiting for the table. It might have been a good idea for the restaurant to let us know in advance.  Anyway it was another fun evening that ended back at Bid’s for a nightcap.  (She may go into hiding the next time the Canadians come to town).
This morning Bid and I took the same hike up the hill only this time I had a camera.  I got some fairly good shots I think. In the afternoon Bid drove Brenda and I into Dundee for more shopping.  What a neat old town.  We had a drink in a brew pub and then lunch in the cafe in the museum.  Very good.
Bid supplied dinner for us all tonight.  Two different curries, turkey meatballs and finished off with meringues, fruit, whipped cream and ice cream.  Absolutely delicious.  And both Brenda and I got the recipes!  We are off to bed soon. Leaving here tomorrow morning after a quick goodbye to Leslie and the three B’s.  Next stop Carlisle!







4 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone is having a great time. Bid is a wonderful hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see that you two are having a fun time. Great blog Linda. Looks like a fair amount of alcohol consumption going on. Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Howie.......those glasses on the table are only for aesthetic purposes. But yes we are having fun. More to come!

      Delete