Wednesday, August 14, 2019

First day in Dairsie. Sun is shining!

I couldn’t believe it.  I woke up at 7:00 and the sun was streaming in!  I just knew it was going  to be a good day.  Leslie was downstairs already and he had COFFEE for me!  What a sweetheart.  I had a jar of instant coffee with me but he had the real thing.  So we had time for a good chat before Ian got up .  And Leslie had an opportunity to give me a lesson on how to work the stove, microwave and washing machine. That was my first job of the day.  We got two loads of washing done. The first dried very quickly out in the sunshine with a good breeze blowing.  We put the second load out to dry before we went over to Bid’s house to see Bid, Brenda and Basil.  (Hereto afterwards known as the three B’s).  Lots of hugs and laughs.  It was so good to see everyone.  We took a walk around Bid’s garden which is just lovely.  Actually a work of art!  She had prepared a beautiful lunch for thirty.  We didn’t get it finished but we made a good dent in it.  Then we piled into two cars and went for a drive over to a new distillery in Kingsbarns where we sampled not only whiskey but gin.  It was all good.  Brenda was dying to get into a real Scottish pub so we went to St. Michael’s for a drink. This was where Ian’s parents had their wedding reception.  Then it was time to head for home as Bid had made dinner reservations at a lovely little restaurant in Cupar.  Cupar is a little town not far from Dairsie. We drove past the world famous St. Andrews golf course on the way home so that B&B could get a quick look at it.  But just as we were approaching St. Andrews the skies opened up and it poured buckets.  So much for the second load of laundry.
The taxi picked us up at 6:15 and off we went to Cupar for dinner.  Dinner was great and so was all the wine, appetizers (starters) and desserts.  I think the restaurant ran out of ice.  They hadn’t heard about Brenda and her love of ice.  Buckets of it!  But dinner was on her and Basil and they are big tippers so I’m sure if she ever returns they’ll be happy to have plenty of ice on hand.  After dinner we went back to Bid’s for a night cap and a couple of pounds of chocolates.  Also supplied by Brenda.  Yum!  Ian and I walked home under a full moon.  It was a beautiful day and night!  I wonder what tomorrow will bring?





2 comments:

  1. You write a great blog...sounds like you're sitting right next to me! Now you're going to have fun..to heck with Europe. Give Bid and Leslie a hug for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy. I read your comment to Leslie and Bid last night. They consider themselves hugged!

    ReplyDelete