Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 31st Antwerp

So this is our day off.  Much needed. I think I slept for about 10 hours last night.  My Fitbit tells me that I walked over 20,000 steps yesterday.  This morning we decided to get our laundry done so that we could take the day tomorrow to visit Brugge.  First load went fine.....second....not so much.  Each load takes two hours.  So about half an hour into the second load Ian couldn’t find the garage door opener to let us out of the building on Monday morning.  Uh oh!  We searched the whole apartment without success before panic time.  Ian realized that he had put the opener in the zippered pocket of his shorts so that he wouldn’t lose it.  Good news ........it wasn’t lost.........bad news ........it’s in the washing machine.  Now the problem is that the machine will not let us open it up.  I figured out how to stop it but it would not open.  After a bit of cursing I changed the settings so that the machine eventually drained enough to let me open the door.  Whew!  Sure enough, there was the opener.  Shopping wet.  The other problem is that our internet is so poor that we couldn’t even get hold of the owner.  Anyway, the bottom line is that we have the opener and we think it might still even work.
After that fiasco we went for a walk trying to find the best way out of town.  We don’t want a repeat of trying to get to our apartment.  So I think we have found the escape route.  I hope. Now we are back in the oldest pub in Antwerp.  They have great wifi and beer.  Life is good. P.S.  no Brugge tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Put the opener in a bag of dry rice. Dried out Eric's Ipod when I washed it one time! Eric says there should be a button on the wall in the garage to let you out. There is in Erika's garage...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Kathy. Getting out shouldn’t be a problem but we need to be able to close the door after we leave. We’ll figure it out today I hope. I’ll let you know how it goes.🤞

    ReplyDelete